Thursday, June 25

Thing # 3 - Like Skype

A lot to take in. I think the way we communicate is changing so fast it is overwhelming. Soon landlines will seem like jiffy pop - for those as old as me ;)
There are so many ways classrooms & libraries could make use of these technologies.
Personally, I could see skype conference Book Club meetings over the summer months with my much loved & missed fellow book clubbers - both students and teachers.
We used skype at my school to keep a classroom in touch with their science teacher who had received a grant to study wildlife in another country. Imagine going to a conference or educationally related travel ( is there any other kind?) & being able to share immediately with students. For Libraries I am fascinated with the idea of a skype set up reference area. Students could perhaps talk face to face with other students in the country they are studying for their social studies course. 1st person interviews - talk about Primary Sources!!

No comments: