Thursday, June 25

Thng #4 - Teacher Tube

I am still a little nervous about broadcasting to the whole wild world. I don't know why? everyone else out there has no issues. I guess I'm just still a private person .. a lot of things that date me I suppose. Not to mention all this registering on sites - they want everything but your blood type.

Anyway I like school tube & think it could be useful for my campus - something to look into next school year.
I see about a million uses for creating video & having students post them on these types of sites. We need to have conversations with our students about privacy issues .. what to display as we teach them about using these tools.

We always have a lot of technical issues as students try to share their work created in multiple formats. Posting to a spot like teacher tube would eradicate all of those types of issues.

I've uploaded a video I made on how to use mp3 players to listen to audio books.
Audio + Books

Shared via AddThis

4 comments:

It's Always Pink! said...

I see you were able to get a blog background - did you end up having to do that at home? I like it!

What all is Lisa wanting for a blog next year? As long as it didn't take too long, I will help you all out.

KRM said...

Great - yes my background is good - but not sure we will see them at work. We can ask to have it unblocked. I'll find you on the blog stuff next year for sure :)

It's Always Pink! said...

I logged in to the SBVPN and then looked at my blog and yes the background was blocked. I will try to remember and if we can have it unblocked at school, can we request that once we are back in school?

KRM said...

I'll try e-mailing a few techie folks & see what they can do .. I wish they would not block everything :(