Thursday, July 2

Thing # 10 Virtual Worlds, Gaming


Well, my little avatar, Ivy Catnap is pretty beat up - running into walls & swollen ankles from all the sudden falls after I stopped flying - Ok, she is NOT very graceful yet! The directions on the naming bit really helped me pick out a good one. Again, the possibilities to students is endless. I tried to scuba dive, but could not yet figure it out .. but what a great way for students to learn about the continental shelf .. or just see some sea life up close. I'm very excited to keep exploring & share this with my teachers - especially (I think) science & social studies! So, where is my waiter with the libations?

3 comments:

VWB said...

I love the name...sorry about the bumps and bruises (but secretly feel better in knowing it is n't just I that can't fly without flubs!)

I can't wait to go view the things you saw....

KRM said...

At one point I wound up in a church - I have NO idea how I got there? but I couldn't sit down - so I left - haha. Is someone trying to tell me something?

Unknown said...

I did a bit of research and wrote a Second Life Redux post - it has great potential, but it needs a teacher who has the passion to push it through.