Wednesday, July 1

Thing # 7 - Video Resources

Video has become such a terrific part of the school environment. Sharing, watching, creating - in my opinion it is ALL good. I've been in the middle school environment for longer than I care to remember - & I just think that middle school students need visuals they need a big variety in the way content is presented to them. True for everyone - but especially for the adolescent brain which is often exhausted from all the changes they are experiencing.

I have explored Hula, & many of these video resources. I would love to use all or part of:

as an intro - with humor about what Libraries are not - how to respect Library materials .. etc. Big fan of Mr. Bean who transcends every language barrier.

These are great video sites listed on Library2Play2, but I often use video that I find just by using Google for a connection to a book or author we are talking about.
For instance, we used this video along with the book Iqbal as a discussion vehicle for my sixth grade student book club. I just typed in "Iqbal + video" in Google & it was the 2nd link "The My Hero Short Film Festival." This video had SUCH an impact - after reading the book - our discussion would not have been the same without it. In order to give correct credits .. I often make sure I am at the original source.
For instance this film is originally displayed from the My Hero web site which has a Teachers Room - great resources - if you want to get students involved in this topic.
Watch: (takes a minute to load - but it is worth waiting for ...)
Courage
By Anson Schloat and John G. Young (5.29 Minutes)

No comments: