Wednesday, July 1

Thing #6 - iTouch Apps

A lucky librarian just happens to have an itouch this summer & loving it! Got some apps in & found a good visual .. from Dave Taylor

Here are some ideas for using the itouch with multiple students ...
1st - I really am just chomping at the bit for the cable that will connect the itouch to a video projector. In that way .. students, teachers, & I can share some things as we learn on the itouch
2nd - If you can display it - then you can share it .. so Google earth on display through your projector onto your ActivBoard ? not sure how that will all dynamically fit together - but I am excited to try it.
3rd - I would like to see an app used by a group of students while they backchannel so I can get feed back immediately on which apps they like & why?
4th - as a former science teacher .. I see a lot of educational apps that can be used by multiple students - If I were still in the classroom - I would love for kids to use the itouch to gather data in the field .. like our school pond. So much easier than carrying around a bulky laptop. Ditto for math & calculator apps.
5th - my students are very capable of sharing the itouch to view video - like an teacher tube video - maybe a way to reinforce some of my first of the year library lessons? also want them to learn together to download an audio book & perhaps a pdf book on the itouch.

Enjoyed the Wikipedia links .. especially what Wikipedia is not. Must share next year as there is a lot of confused ideas about Wikipedia out there.

No comments: