Wednesday, July 1

Thing # 9 - Slideshare

I think slideshare is one of THE most important things we have discussed so far in Library2Play2. Why? we are moving down a slippery slope away from having PCs with all the bells & whistles in our schools. Mobile devices are prevalent - school funding is short - so why not allow students to make use of cheaper mobile devices if they don't need programs anymore like PowerPoint to share their work. For instance, instead of purchasing a full blown laptop for $1200+ your school can purchase notebooks for a fraction of the cost - which can get to the Internet & away we go - ... Plus we don't need complicated servers to save student work.
I use a slide share program called Picassa to share slides of books we read in my teacher book club. They display on my blog http://after4bookclub.blogspot.com/ - & everyone likes seeing where we have been, what we read etc. I just add slides as we read new novels throughout the year.
It is sort of like an ongoing time line of an event that I wish to document. So, I see a lot of parallels for students' work. We are all about portfolios - right? What an awesome project if you could have students keep adding a slide or two each year & watch how they progress.

1 comment:

Grendel said...

Loved your bookclub blog! You are the best! Your Shelfari shows The Help, and I had to get it on loan from Kendall Branch, but I was just notified that it is in and ready for me to pick up! One I read and enjoyed was Dog On It by Spencer Quinn.It is a mystery told from the dog's point of view. Great read!Our faculty book club also read Same Kind of Different as Me.