Thursday, July 2

Thing # 11.5 - Evaluation

Yeah - finished! Almost made my July 1 deadline !!
1. Favorite discoveries - Facebook - been meaning to do it & this forced me to .. Second Life - something I will go back to for sure!
2. I will probably utilize a lot of these things lifelong - like Facebook .. & it helped me to organize what I want to focus on for next year as an educator.
3. I am surprised & confused about skype & all the VOIP opportunities out there. Personally, I'm struggling as I think LOTS of folks - do I want to keep a landline? Why am I paying for long distance still? Things like that - I knew about some of these technologies, but your post - REALLY opened up pandora's box for me. Not sure if I'm more confused, but in a good way ;)
4. Honestly, I cannot think of much .. I did 23 things last summer & really learned SO MUCH. This is absolutely the best professional development that I have ever had in my 20 years of education. It is VERY time consuming however - the hours I spend are not equal to the hours that I'm getting in prof. dev. - however that is probably my little perfectionist fault!
Thanks for the experience !!

4 comments:

VWB said...

Enjoy your nice R&R...look forward to more adventures in the tech world upon your return. I aways like to have your take on things.

BTW...I am signed into SBVPN currently and your blog is naked but you have worked so hard on the coloring and your great banner still make it stand out...I know you like the extra but the plain vanilla version is not that plain!

KRM said...

Thanks! Me & "always pink" will have to go out there in search of a border that is not blocked. 11.5 things was great - how do you have time to put it all together? You all amaze me :)

It's Always Pink! said...

Congrats on finishing!!!! I decided that I am going to wait on the 11 1/2 things - and just spend time reading, I have a whole stack of books to be read before school starts...

It's Always Pink! said...

I tried to find you on facebook, but didn't know which one was you.